While I haven't run into this exact situation (being a much smaller IT
department that serves the entire university) I can speak to some cases
where we have deliberately not put certain information into a ticket.

In one recent case there was an issue with student online conduct that
needed to be tracked. the ticket stated "A concern about a student has been
raised - contact $NAME for additional confidential information" Never was
the student's name put into the ticket. this was so that we could track the
issue with Student Affairs, and ensure that everything had been addressed,
but that only those that needed to know the details were "read in"

I hope this helps

Frank

--
Frank Barton