While I haven't run into this exact situation (being a much smaller IT department that serves the entire university) I can speak to some cases where we have deliberately not put certain information into a ticket.

In one recent case there was an issue with student online conduct that needed to be tracked. the ticket stated "A concern about a student has been raised - contact $NAME for additional confidential information" Never was the student's name put into the ticket. this was so that we could track the issue with Student Affairs, and ensure that everything had been addressed, but that only those that needed to know the details were "read in"

I hope this helps

Frank