We have more people calling the TSC (HelpDesk) instead of opening their own
tickets here and yes we have admin assistants opening tickets for all the
faculty within their college.

The problem with them opening their own tickets is that we don't get the
necessary information to resolve or assign the ticket without having to
call them back so that delays the problem being resolved.

We had to train the TSC to make sure they find out who the person having
the problem is and what their contact number was because we had no idea who
was actually experiencing the problem if we needed more information or if
we wanted them to test to make sure their entire problem had been resolved.

The one thing that we did stop doing is we no longer allow anyone to open a
ticket by sending an email to our ticketing system.  They would just send
an email stating having a problem and that would be the end of the
information.  I wish that more people would input their own tickets but if
we can get all the necessary information to resolve the problem or do first
call resolution by them calling or provide better Customer Service I am OK
with that.

Hope this helps.

--

Hello,

All technical support needs for all AU systems from Faculty, Staff and
Students need to go through the Tech Support Center.

Going through the TSC for support needs is always the best first path.

Contacting an I.T. staff directly with issues only causes more delays and
confusion.

If you require assistance please contact:

Ashland University Tech Support Center
- Submit a ticket: https://kbox.it.ashland.edu/
- Phone ext. (on campus): 5405
- Phone (off campus): 419-289-5405 or 1.866.434.5222

Sandi Carpenter
Ashland University
Information Technology
Director Client Services/Tech Support Center/Audio Visual