It’s a little gauche to plug one’s own work, but I’ll do it here anyway.  J  I wrote a book on this topic in 2014, a cybersecurity guide for the non-technical user called “10 Don’ts on Your Digital Devices” (https://www.amazon.com/Donts-Your-Digital-Devices-Non-Techies/dp/1484203682/ ).

My CTO agreed that we could purchase a copy for every faculty and staff member in early 2015, and it has made a huge difference.  Our phishing successes are way down from where they used to be.  I think in general people are getting smarter (more paranoid?) about these tricks, so I won’t give all credit to the book.  But I do think it made a difference.

It isn’t specifically aimed at higher ed; however, since both myself and my co-author are in academia, there are several examples relevant to the industry.

Eric

--

Eric J. Rzeszut, CISSP

Help Desk Manager