We use BMC Footprints but did not enable the self-service portal.  We have an online contact form that is pretty simple.  Requests from the contact form are assigned to the HelpDesk.  The HelpDesk classifies the ticket based on the issue/request.

Our HelpDesk numbers from last FY:

Phone                   57,000

Contact Form     11,300

Rose

Rose Parker
Assistant Director

The University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Office of Information Technology, Support Organization