From: The EDUCAUSE IT Support Services Constituent Group Listserv [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Gaynor, Suzanne
Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2016 10:47 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ITSUPPORTSERVICES] Monitoring Lab Usage

To set the stage for this question: I was recently told that one of our 24 seat computer labs will be converted into a classroom. I was given the suggestion to move 4-6 of the stations to another smaller space and store the rest. The lab in question is outfitted with zero clients running VMWare View.  I believe that this is a heavily used lab, but the only hard data I can provide is printer usage. My Systems admin says there is no way to verify how many users are accessing these devices and how many are typically in use simultaneously. I can't think of a way.

Does anyone have a method in place to gather that type of data?

Thanks,

Suzanne

Suzanne Gaynor
Director, Technology Resource Center
Hartwick College
This electronic message, including any attachments, is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you received this electronic communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy this electronic communication in its entirety. Email sent to or from Upper Iowa University may be retained as required by law or regulation. Thank you for your cooperation.