From: The EDUCAUSE IT Support Services Constituent Group Listserv [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Gaynor, Suzanne
Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2016 11:47 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ITSUPPORTSERVICES] Monitoring Lab Usage

To set the stage for this question: I was recently told that one of our 24 seat computer labs will be converted into a classroom. I was given the suggestion to move 4-6 of the stations to another smaller space and store the rest. The lab in question is outfitted with zero clients running VMWare View.  I believe that this is a heavily used lab, but the only hard data I can provide is printer usage. My Systems admin says there is no way to verify how many users are accessing these devices and how many are typically in use simultaneously. I can't think of a way.

Does anyone have a method in place to gather that type of data?

Thanks,

Suzanne

Suzanne Gaynor
Director, Technology Resource Center