From: The EDUCAUSE IT Support Services Constituent Group Listserv [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Dan Adler
Sent: Tuesday, November 8, 2016 9:11 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ITSUPPORTSERVICES] Users Opening Tickets

I have a general question for folks: Those of you who use service management solutions (TDX or WHD or whatever) - what percentage of your tickets are opened by users themselves, as opposed to users calling/emailing your help desk to have tickets open?

We're switching to a new SMS here, and we'd LOVE to have users opening their own tickets, but I (personally) don't see it happening, especially amongst our faculty (the few folks who do open their own tickets are either staff, students, or secretaries opening tickets FOR faculty)/

Thanks

Dan

--

[The College of New Jersey]<http://tcnj.pages.tcnj.edu/>