We use KACE, but we don't want users to open their own tickets. It's technically possible, but no one does it, and we don't encourage it.

The reason?  It doesn't provide any. Slur to users. It's more work for them to open a ticket, as opposed to emailing, calling, or stopping by. We're not looking to offload extra effort onto our users.

And like Dan expressed in his original message, I don't believe our faculty would have any interest in doing this.

--

Eric J. Rzeszut, CISSP

Help Desk Manager

McIntire School of Commerce