Hello all,

We are exploring the idea of a campus agreement that would cover all university-owned Apple devices to receive the "software support" component of AppleCare. This is not coverage for a hardware issue, rather, technical support for Apple-specific applications. IT support staff and their university customers would then be able to use Apple technical support for any university-owned Apple devices. This is something already covered by all AppleCare warranties, so many of us and our customers already have access to it.

I would like to ask you two questions:

1)      Are you aware of any of your customers, or do you, make use of the AppleCare software support?

2)      Is your experience (if you have any) with AppleCare software support worthwhile? Does it add value?

Some basic information about AppleCare:

*         AppleCare is broken up into two parts: Hardware services (warranty) and Software support (technical support)

*         Every Mac comes with a 1-year limited hardware warranty and 90 days of telephone tech support

*         Additional coverage can be added (up to 3 years total) if a machine is still covered; so you don't technically have to purchase AC at time of purchase

More detailed information about AppleCare:
http://www.apple.com/shop/browse/home/applecare
http://www.apple.com/legal/sales-support/applecare/appmacnaen.html
http://www.macworld.com/article/2048197/is-applecare-worth-it-.html

Thank you,
Dan

Dan Herrick
Device Lifecycle Program Manager

Office of Information TechnologY
University of Colorado - Boulder
303.735.7683 | [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>