All,

Would you be willing to share your thoughts, tips, tricks, recommendations and/or best practices in minimizing student computer lab login times?

Our classroom and open lab computers are running Windows 7 or 10 with DeepFreeze.  We are not currently using roaming profiles or SSDs.  We require students to log into the computers with their domain account - which of course requires time for the local profile build.  We have been testing a number of configurations to reduce our times - but would like to hear from other universities as to what methodologies have worked well for them.

Thank you for the consideration.

Lucas Lanting
Academic Technology Support, Director
IT | Cal Poly Pomona University