Lucas,

We have login times that range from 1-3 minutes to go from a cold boot to a
usable browser window.

The slowest logins are our dual-boot computers with spinning drives, since
they need to reboot from the boot picker (we use BootRunner, which runs in
OSX) to load Windows; those take just under 3 minutes.

Our PCs with spinning drives take about 2 minutes to get to a usable
browser.

Our SSD Macs take about a minute and a half to get from the boot picker to
a usable browser.

Strategies we've used to reduce login times include:

   - Limiting user profile customization as much as possible (we are an AD
   shop, so each user logs in with their own credentials). We do little/no
   customization other than desktop icons and browser, and we're trying to
   move away from browser customization as much as we can
   - Cutting out as much of the default user profile data as possible. We
   did this by trial-and-error, deleting items and then checking the impact on
   a new user account
   - Using the Long-Term Servicing Branch version of Windows 10, which
   doesn't include apps like Cortana that can substantially extend the initial
   user login.

Best,
Rachel

Rachel Weaver