From: The EDUCAUSE IT Support Services Constituent Group Listserv <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Shannon Valerio <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, November 11, 2016 6:00 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ITSUPPORTSERVICES] Do you use AppleCare software support?

Hi Dan,

We had Apple come at us hard and heavy with this, but after evaluating what it would really give us, we really didn’t think we’d gain anything.  We do have a couple of certified Mac technicians, and another couple of students staff/full-time that we can pretty much solve anything that isn’t a known issue. Those known issues tend to be things that Apple Support can’t help with, but need to address in updates and new OS releases.  Thus, we didn’t think it was worth the ROI.

Sorry, I know that didn’t really give you any of the data you asked for, but just thought I’d share on our research and conclusion.

Shannon
--
Shannon Pelot Valerio
Director, IT Customer Service