We have more people calling the TSC (HelpDesk) instead of opening their own tickets here and yes we have admin assistants opening tickets for all the faculty within their college.

The problem with them opening their own tickets is that we don't get the necessary information to resolve or assign the ticket without having to call them back so that delays the problem being resolved.

We had to train the TSC to make sure they find out who the person having the problem is and what their contact number was because we had no idea who was actually experiencing the problem if we needed more information or if we wanted them to test to make sure their entire problem had been resolved.

The one thing that we did stop doing is we no longer allow anyone to open a ticket by sending an email to our ticketing system.  They would just send an email stating having a problem and that would be the end of the information.  I wish that more people would input their own tickets but if we can get all the necessary information to resolve the problem or do first call resolution by them calling or provide better Customer Service I am OK with that.

Hope this helps.