From: The EDUCAUSE IT Support Services Constituent Group Listserv [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Chad Schonewill
Sent: Monday, October 31, 2016 10:20 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ITSUPPORTSERVICES] Student Printing

We don’t charge students for printing at Colorado College either, though it has been discussed several times.

One thing we’ve found very interesting from our reporting is that students are responsible for about 45% of our printing… the staff and faculty are the other 55%, and considering that there are 2,000 students and only about 500 employees, it’s really not the students who need to be reined in…

We do send a frequent message to every person on campus to tell them how much they’ve printed recently compared to the average and how much the whole college has printed. Let me know if you’re interested and I can send an example message.

-----
Chad Schonewill ‘03

Help Desk Team Lead
ITS:Service & Communication