We currently use ServiceNow at the University of Minnesota and it's used
almost exclusively by IT. I came from the University of Wisconsin - River
Falls and we were using TeamDynamix (loved it), and before that Footprints.

Out of the three platforms I found Footprints to be the most friendly to
non-IT process and was quite flexible. Our reservations department used it
for reservation intake. We used it for hiring processes, on/offboarding,
scheduling, and some project management. The ability for robust, sequential
task creation makes it easy to work non-IT processes within the tool.

Obviously, all these tools also sell their "non-IT" module packages.

Steven Meads
Knowledge Process Owner
Office of Information Technology

--