We currently use ServiceNow at the University of Minnesota and it's used almost exclusively by IT. I came from the University of Wisconsin - River Falls and we were using TeamDynamix (loved it), and before that Footprints.

Out of the three platforms I found Footprints to be the most friendly to non-IT process and was quite flexible. Our reservations department used it for reservation intake. We used it for hiring processes, on/offboarding, scheduling, and some project management. The ability for robust, sequential task creation makes it easy to work non-IT processes within the tool.

Obviously, all these tools also sell their "non-IT" module packages.

Steven Meads
Knowledge Process Owner
Office of Information Technology