We do exactly that ... wording is a little different but we have CAB agenda
changes and most others are 'local authority' approvals -- managers of
specific areas can make the determination if the change is considered *Standard
*(local authority) or *Normal *(goes to CAB).  Managers are central IT
managers; not typically distributed/shadow IT individuals.

We do a "filter and classify" for *Normal *changes by probability and
impact risk assessment, and by impact and urgency matrices.  High risks go
to CAB; medium risks are a toss up; low risk is local authority (general
rules).

HTH,
AJS

*Anthony J. Santucci*