+1

From: The EDUCAUSE Google Apps Constituent Group Listserv [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Matthews, Rick
Sent: Sunday, January 29, 2017 9:53 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [GOOGLEAPPS] Gmail Encryption

And of course, there is always the option of keeping the PII in a linked shared Google Doc.

On Sun, Jan 29, 2017 at 7:45 PM, Steve Munson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

All,

I was recently contacted by our HR Benefits Manager asking for recommendations on how to encrypt Gmail due to the inclusion of PII in correspondence. Does anyone have any recommendations on products to perform and/or a perspective on Google's level of security in sending sensitive information? My assumption is that Google is secure in its transmission albeit our agreements with them don't make any warranties on security of information transmitted in Gmail.

Doing some quick online research, I have come across the Google Chrome extension Streak as a limited option.

Thank you.

Steve Munson

Executive Director, IT Services

Marymount University