Our process requires eligible* users to sign up for their alumni accounts. Upon successful registration, we provision an account on the fly via the API and display the initial password to them on the screen. They have to copy that down and use it to login for the first time. We do not email it to them.

The initial password is a lengthy randomized string of characters that has no relation to the user's information.

* Eligible = graduated from UNCG + has a complete record in our SIS (some people prior to 1985 don't) + know some details about themselves (SIS info, University ID etc).

Happy to answer other questions if needed.

--Nick

Nick Young
IT Manager, ​Cloud Collaboration & Productivity Services
Information Technology Services, UNCG
Forney Building, 214C
336.334.3841