Hello,

At DU, all major departments are creating Diversity leadership positions.  I know some Universities have diversity officers or other like positions in their central IT division.  If your institution does, or if you know of any institution that does, I’d love information on title, focus, etc.  I’d like a position that could liaison with some of our academic and administrative departments, and provide services, internships, etc. for our students, for example.  I already have a great student employee program, but would like to expand our support.

Most likely, this would be a combined position with a technical area, or perhaps an HR specific position.

Thanks for any information!
--
Shannon Pelot Valerio
Director, IT Customer Service