Her at Iowa State University we went from initial idea of “maybe we should consider if we need a new LMS” in September 2016 to fully phased in at the beginning of January 2018.

I was part of the process up until the end of the RFP process and selection of the final product (May 2017).

We ended up going from Blackboard to Canvas and had one semester (Fall 2017) as the pilot phase where volunteer early adopters could teach in the new system.

I can certainly share some insight on our processes and approaches.

Regards,

Jacob

--

Jacob E. Larsen, Ph.D.

Director, Language Studies Resource Center

Inline image 1

Department of World Languages and Cultures

3142A Pearson Hall

505 Morrill Rd

AMES, IA 50011-2103

P      (515) 294 1551