Hello, all:

My name is Renee Kaufmann with the University of Kentucky. My colleague, Jessalyn Vallade and I are conducting a research study on instructor misbehaviors and learning outcomes in the online classroom. I am asking for your help with recruiting students who are currently enrolled in online courses. Please note: students are not reporting the instructor name, or their specific course or section number.

Will you help me by forwarding this email to instructors teaching online courses or to students currently taking online courses? Each participant will have the opportunity to enter one time in a drawing to win a $25 Amazon e-gift card. Below is a script to inform students about the study as well as the link to the online survey.

Students may need to copy and paste the link into the web browser.

We appreciate your time and support!

Renee Kaufmann, [log in to unmask]
Jessalyn I. Vallade, [log in to unmask]

Hello, Students!

My name is Renee Kaufmann. My colleague and I are researchers at the University of Kentucky and we are conducting a study on instructor misbehaviors in the online classroom. We are interested in your perceptions of those teacher misbehaviors in the online classroom. If you are at least 18 years old and currently enrolled in an online course, you can participate in our study.
The participation time will be approximately 15 minutes. Joining the study is voluntary and there
is no penalty if you choose not to participate. If you choose to participate, upon completion of the survey, you may provide your information to be entered into a drawing to win a $25 Amazon e-gift card. The odds for the drawing are 1:29 (i.e., 12 Amazon e-gifts of $25 USD each are available to win). You will provide information such as: first and last name, email address, university/college attending, and current address in order to be eligible for the drawing. Participants may only enter the drawing once; additional entries will be void. Study and drawing will close either when 350 participants have completed the survey or by August 15, 2018 at 11:59 PM EDT. You will be notified via your email address if you win one of the $25 Amazon e-gift cards. The findings from this study may be presented to other professionals, but your data will remain completely private and confidential. Your instructors will not know your answers from the survey.

If you would like to participate, please click this link: https://uky.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_1SrBaqqEeGlSdr7
 (Please note: you may need to copy and paste the link into your web browser).

Thank you for your time in advance!