A reminder that the June meeting of the EDUCAUSE Accessibility Constituent
Group will be held:

Wednesday June 6, 2018
1-2pm ET, 10-11am PT

** CALL-IN NUMBER and CODE **

Phone Number: 1-866-662-4001
Access Code: 595 8232#

** AGENDA **

Open Mic: Announcements, future agenda ideas, success stories and calls to
action.

** DISCUSSION **

*** Staffing requirements for accessibility initiatives ***

- Follow up on last month's discussion on staffing requirements.

*** OCR announces a new website accessibility technical assistance
initiative. Three dates announced ***

Webinar I: May 29, 2018, at 1:00 p.m. EDT
Webinar II: June 5, 2018, at 1:00 p.m. EDT
Webinar III: June 12, 2018, at 1:00 p.m. EDT

IMPORTANT! "In addition, OCR is available to conduct personalized
interactive webinars with individual recipients... OCR will discuss [your
accessibility issues and concerns] and ways to address them with the
recipient during the webinar."

More information: https://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/iwcs.html

*** Meeting notes and records ***

- How to record / where to store meeting notes.

- Who records meeting notes

- How to address privacy and preserve a frank and honest meeting.

** ADDITIONAL TOPICS FOR 2018 **

(New topics welcome!)

** Trusted Tester Program **

-   The Department of Homeland Security Office of Accessible Systems &
Technology (OAST) is committed to the development of the common
testing approach for accessibility compliance and conformity, named
Trusted Tester (TT).  TT provides a code-inspection based test
approach for determining software and website conformance to the
Section 508 standards

-   Updated with refreshed Section 508 standards.

** Training resources for those new to accessibility compliance **

-  BTAA training and badging resources: Accessibility 101

-  Onboarding processes for new web staff

-  Email & document from Mary Lou Novak:[cio.itag] Accessibility
Intern prep resources lists resources for interns (applicable to new
hires).

Looking forward to seeing you all on MAY 2!

Christian

--
(Apologies for terseness and errors. This email sent from my mobile phone)