What did your survey look like. Did you do it through your own office or through Institutional Research?

-----Original Message-----
From: The EDUCAUSE IT Accessibility Constituent Group Listserv <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Rahtz, Andrea (rahtzaj)
Sent: Wednesday, June 6, 2018 10:27 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ITACCESS] Accessibility Awareness Campaign Techniques

Hi Sarah,
At the University of Cincinnati, we ran two large communications campaign pushes in the 2017-18 school year, one in early fall semester for “Back to School” and one in early spring semester (January). Our fall campaign consisted of a “Start Small” approach (http://www.uc.edu/ucit/community/accessibility/start-small.html) where we promoted the “Top Five eAccessibility Tips” on a set of bookmarks (http://www.uc.edu/content/dam/uc/ucit/media/accessibility-network/start-small-bookmarks.pdf), incorporating our message into New Faculty Orientation, eLearning Newsletters, and word of mouth communications through our leaders. For the spring awareness campaign, we used the “Start Small” approach to push people to our website through posters hung all over campus, aimed at faculty and staff, and a digital signage video, aimed at students (https://mintgreenmonitor.wordpress.com/2018/04/09/can-you-hear-me-campaign/).

The largest website views to date, though, have been through releasing a campus-wide survey about accessibility and communication about our policy and eAccessibility Awareness course. After we released our climate survey in February we saw a significant increase in viewership on our website, mostly because our survey questions included topics like “Did you know the Accessibility Network existed on our campus”, etc. with a website link. This past April we released email communications from university leadership (e.g., the Provost’s office) announcing the EIT Policy and urging faculty and staff to take the awareness course, along with a faculty/staff email news article and smaller email pushes to targeted audiences (e.g. university web content creators). Because one of our resolution agreement requirements is to report to OCR how many university employees have taken the training, we pushed hard on getting people to complete the course before the end of the school year. We also plan on making that the focus of our fall communications campaign next year.

If you have any follow-up questions, feel free to email me directly ([log in to unmask]).

Good luck!

--
Andrea Rahtz
eAccessibility Communications & Engagement Coordinator

University of Cincinnati
UCIT Central Administration
Accessibility Network at UC <http://www.uc.edu/ucit/community/accessibility.html>
I am IT@UC