(Apologies for cross-posting, just hoping to get a variety of perspectives.)

Hello,

First, I really enjoy absorbing the knowledge and input from the various accessibility groups - so, thank you for that.

However, as I sit in on these groups and learn more about their work I've realized I'm not yet finding clarity on how they fit in/contribute to the larger ecosystem of accessibility in higher edu. I'm hoping some of you can help paint that picture for me or point me to resources I may be overlooking.

The groups I'm familiar with include:

Are there any others I'm missing?

I guess my questions can be broken down as:

I'm happy to collect input and pair it with more research if others would also benefit from having some sort of clearly defined "eco-system" from which to present to folks entering/navigating the field. Maybe this could be picked up as a roundtable at Accessing Higher Ground as I know others have approached me with similar questions.

(Or maybe the full eco-system hasn't developed and that's why I'm feeling a little disjointed. In which case, I'll try to be more patient. 😉)

Thanks for your continued guidance and input!

Jess

Jess Thompson
Program Administrator, Accessible Technology Initiatives
Washington State Board for Community & Technical Colleges
p: 360.704.4327 | c: 253.229.8591
Current Projects | AccessWA Blog

Keep in the accessibility loop by joining the CTC Accessibility listserv!