From: The EDUCAUSE IT Accessibility Constituent Group Listserv <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Carly Gerard <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2018 11:47:12 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ITACCESS] VPAT Interpretation Trainings?

Hello ITAccess,

Our purchasing departments is getting better at making sure they are asking vendors for VPATs, accessibility statements, or some kind of documentation, which is great. That said, I think it would help them to have a training on what makes a VPAT helpful or not, what to look for, and what to do if a primary vendor candidate has a less than awesome VPAT.

Rather than reinventing the wheel at first, has anyone taught VPAT interpretation at their institutions? Did a Google search for this and there isn't much out there. Any key info or basic scenarios to include would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Carly

Carly Gerard | Web Accessibility Developer, WebTech
P: 360-650-3944 | E: [log in to unmask]

access.wwu.edu
Western logo with blue lines depicting mountain, with text Western Washington University
How did I do? Please leave feedback.