From: The EDUCAUSE IT Accessibility Constituent Group Listserv [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Kate Deibel
Sent: Tuesday, June 5, 2018 8:07 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ITACCESS] Accessibility Testing of Standalone Apps: Guidance?

Hello,

Does anyone have any good guidance or instructional materials on how to do an accessibility evaluation (mainly screen reader evaluation) of a standalone application (i.e., one that is not on a website/accessed through a browser)? I know that the same principles are involved, but I need something more concrete. For example, what is the equivalent to a heading in an application? How are shortcut keys revealed? Etc. All of my previous screen reader training materials have focused on web pages only.

Katherine Deibel | PhD
Inclusion & Accessibility Librarian
Syracuse University Libraries
T 315.443.7178