The DOJ provides one software accessibility checklist that I’m aware of.

https://www.justice.gov/crt/software-accessibility-checklist

I’m also wondering about an established rubric for software accessibility in the vein of WCAG. I found this page from W3C on applying WCAG to non-web technology, but it’s a fair amount to go through, not quite the lesson format you were looking for.

https://www.w3.org/WAI/intro/wcag2ict
http://www.w3.org/TR/wcag2ict/#intro

In the meantime, I would test any applications through the lens of POUR: is it perceivable (through multiple senses), operable (through multiple modes of interaction), understandable (by the intended audience, content is presented in a logical order and so forth), and robust (it doesn’t break by itself or with assistive technologies)?

---

Omar Bonilla

System Administrator for Accessibility Compliance

Cascadia College | Ext. 2-8550

[log in to unmask]" alt="logo_email_sig">