Hi all,

We have been nurturing a culture of CSI within Miami for some time. At this
juncture, different parts of the organization and even different parts of
IT treat CSI differently. Our finance and business organization (which
includes HR, payroll, facilities, housing, dining, rec sports, etc) has
embraced Lean and they have a custom app where people submit Lean ideas and
they advance those a Lean projects. Within IT, we have a few approaches:
- Our outgoing CIO established an intake mechanism for IT staff to make
suggestions to drive internal improvements. In addition, we set aside
Thursday afternoons to pursue the planning or implementation of these
improvements. I've attached the overview in our service catalog that
describes this process and the criteria used for sorting out the ideas as
"IT Improvement". Sadly his departure and turnover in leadership is causing
this effort to lack a champion.

- our ITSM group has a "suggest an improvement" form that tries to align
the suggestion with the current improvement strategy for ITSM. Our current
focus is highly centered around the recent outsourcing of our helpdesk and
improvements that can be made that tie back to the service desk function.
We try to be able to draw a clear line between the idea for improvement and
a targeted KPI. Out ITSM team then pulls these suggestions into our current
sprint to work.

-Bob

Visit the ITSM wiki at https://sites.google.com/a/educause.edu/educause-wiki-site/itsm.