From: Mitchell Pautz <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, Jun 21, 2018 at 3:32 PM
Subject: REPLY BY JUNE 28: ITSM Book Club - ITIL Practitioner Guidance
To: <[log in to unmask]>

Dear colleagues.

I know many of you are enjoying the book and hopefully enjoying the related
discussion. Don’t worry if you have not had a chance to read the book, you
are not too late. There is still time to participate.  We are on track to
host the book club in July. So grab a copy and dive in! All of the
information you need to get started is included in the email below.

I am really excited about discussing what we have read and learned. Stuart
Rance, one of the author’s has agreed to participate which should make for
a valuable and educational experience.

While you will get more out of the discussion if you read the book,
everyone is welcomed to participate. If want to be included in the book
club event please send a direct reply to the book club organizers.

We request a reply date of *no later than June 28th. *Once we collect all
of the responses you will be asked to participate in a poll to select the
best date and time for the event.

Sincerely, the book club organizers

Andrea Tanner ([log in to unmask])

Joseph Caudle ([log in to unmask])

Mitch Pautz ([log in to unmask])

Subject: ANNOUNCEMENT: ITSM Book Club - ITIL Practitioner Guidance

We would like to invite you to participate in the Educause ITSM Constituent
Group Online Book Club. We will be reading the following book:

*ITIL® Practitioner Guidance*

By Axelos

Published: 2016

ISBN-13: 978-0113314874

Available in paperback as well as Kindle formats.

We feel this is a great book for ITSM practitioners. ITIL is currently
being updated and the book is very relevant.

Participation is open to everyone! We are planning to host the *book club
sometime in the middle of July*. A book club is a chance to discuss the
various topics introduced in the book and how we have applied it in our
lives. We have a few suggestions that will enhance your participation

   1. Purchase and read the book as group and discuss it as a team
   2. Join the conversation on the ITSM CG listserv. We'll post new
   discussion topics every few weeks.
   3. Join Axelos <https://www.axelos.com/professional-development> for
   around the same price ($~68) as the book and enjoy free access to this
   publication and many more resources.

Plus, we are extremely honored and proud to have *Stuart Rance, one of the
co-authors* join us for the book club. You can read more about Stuart from
his company’s website <https://www.optimalservicemanagement.com/about-us/>

For more information about the book read below;

ITIL Practitioner Guidance is the essential reference text which
accompanies the ITIL Practitioner qualification. Fully integrated with the
ITIL Practitioner syllabus, this publication is also a practical guide that
helps IT service management (ITSM) professionals turn ITIL theory into
practice through case studies, worksheets, templates and scenarios. The
book assumes knowledge of ITIL and ITSM up to ITIL Foundation level, and
begins with a discussion of the guiding principles of ITSM. It goes on to
explain how these guiding principles are essential for ITSM and how they
relate to philosophies, frameworks and methodologies such as DevOps, Lean,
Agile etc.

The publication shows how following the CSI (continual service improvement)
approach, and how the core skills of organizational change management,
communication, metrics and measurement, can underpin successful ITSM
improvement initiatives.

Assembled by the Practitioner Architect Team of Kevin Behr, Karen Ferris,
Lou Hunnebeck, Stuart Rance, Barclay Rae and Paul Wilkinson, a team of
renowned ITSM experts under the guidance of AXELOS' Kaimar Karu, ITIL
Practitioner Guidance concludes with a practical toolkit containing
templates, worksheets and assessments that will help ITSM professionals to
improve the value of the service they provide to their customers.

Learn more about the book from this video <https://youtu.be/_l-WFVczk30>.

We hope you can join us.

--
Mitch Pautz