> On 2018 Jul 22, at 17:45, Shirley Canaan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> We’re in the process of establishing a new Digital Accessibility Specialist position, and we’re having discussions about which department and to whom it should report to.

It should depend on
(1) function of this specialist - are they to support particular sections of your digital assets (eg. IT, learning, design, communications, legal, procurement, disability)  The broader your scope, the higher on reporting line it should go.  You may also set it up with multiple reporting lines.
(2) culture of the institution and influence of the reporting department - does the department have the appropriate influence and reputation to get things done the way you need this specialist to do?  Eg, IT might not be able to touch learning and comms, or disability might have an appearance that it is only speaking for a small segment of the population. 

Jiatyan Chen

Participation and subscription information for this EDUCAUSE Constituent Group discussion list can be found at http://www.educause.edu/discuss.