The August meeting of the EDUCAUSE Accessibility Constituent Group will be held:
Wednesday August 1, 2018
1-2pm ET, 10-11am PT
** CALL-IN NUMBER and CODE **
Phone Number: 1-866-662-4001
Access Code: 595 8232#
1. Announcements, future agenda ideas, success stories, info sharing
2. Staffing efforts for accessibility related task (Time on Task):
-Follow up to staffing requirements discussion
How is your campus tracking effort for accessibility related activities? Is data being gathered to track time on task?
Below are examples of tasks:
· Reviewing a Accessibility Conformance Report (previously known as VPAT).
· Hosting a vendor conducted Accessibility Demonstration
· Manual Evaluation of web sites
· Organizing automated accessibility scans
4. WCAG 2.1 Guidelines
· Has your institution begun implementation?
Trusted Tester Program
The Department of Homeland Security Office of Accessible Systems &
Technology (OAST) is committed to the development of the common
testing approach for accessibility compliance and conformity, named
Trusted Tester (TT). TT provides a code-inspection based test
approach for determining software and website conformance to the
Section 508 standards
6. Training resources for those new to accessibility compliance
BTAA (Big Ten Academic Alliance) training and badging resources: Accessibility 101
Onboarding processes for new web staff
Email & document from Mary Lou Novak:[cio.itag] Accessibility
Intern prep resources lists resources for interns (applicable to new
Looking forward to our discussions.
Sue and Christian
Sue Cullen, M.S.
Assistant Director, Accessible Technology Initiative
CSU Office of the Chancellor
(562) 506-7723 cell
Christian Vinten-Johansen, CPACC
Teaching and Learning with Technology
Manager, IT Accessibility Team
Co-chair, Accessible Technology and Information Initiative Co-chair, EDUCAUSE Accessibility Constituent Group
********** Participation and subscription information for this EDUCAUSE Constituent Group discussion list can be found at http://www.educause.edu/discuss.