Hi Cathy,

I have not tested those products, but will take a look.

In a more general search I did recently on 360/AR/VR, I found no current integrated captioning solution. My media team says, however, there is a way to provide a “flat” version of the VR video with captions (and this works for some that do not like VR). Otherwise, you are stuck with a transcript adjacent. The key issue with VR and captioning is that the visuals are controlled by the user, so if the user wants to look at a different part without captions, you would not be able to see both at the same time (also explained in the 3PlayMedia article below).

Here are more links/resources:

In some ways, audio description may be easier to implement, if harder to author.

Let us know if you discover anything else!
Mary

Mary J. Ziegler

Program Manager, Online Accessibility

MITx / MIT Office of Digital Learning