Dear colleagues,

I hope this email finds you doing well. I am writing today to see if you’d be willing to serve as an invited proposal reviewer for the 2019 ELI Annual Meeting. The process of reviewing the proposals is critical to the success of the event. Additionally, we've always found proposal review to be a good opportunity to learn about leading work in teaching and learning. One other advantage of proposal review is that you learn, in most cases quickly, what makes a proposal strong and what weakens it.  Hence it makes you a more effective proposal author.

In this role, you’d review and evaluate around 15 proposals (hopefully fewer). The proposal review period Sept 6 to Sept 25, 2018, and the process is conducted anonymously and completely online. We’ll be holding a 30-minute online orientation in late August (information on how to join will be sent to accepted reviewers) to help reviewers understand and conduct the process.

If you are willing and able to serve as a 2019 ELI annual meeting proposal reviewer, please provide your contact information using the Google form below. Just four items.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSct3CzCTr4gxjQfsLU2jCB2uIb_AWM9-vu8KzxkCaby94ztPw/viewform?usp=sf_link

Proposal reviewers who complete a minimum of 10 reviews will receive the EDUCAUSE Proposal Reviewer digital badge and those completing a minimum of 30 reviews will receive the EDUCAUSE Proposal Reviewer Plus digital badge. More information can be found athttp://www.educause.edu/badging/community-service.

Please feel free to share this invitation with your colleagues.

Please note attendance at the annual meeting is not required to serve as a reviewer. Thanks so much for considering this, let me know if you have any questions.

Best m

Malcolm Brown

Director of Learning Initiatives

EDUCAUSE
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good
282 Century Place, Suite 5000, Louisville CO 80027
direct: 720-406-6745