From: The EDUCAUSE IT Accessibility Constituent Group Listserv <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Tara Bunag
Sent: Wednesday, August 1, 2018 11:31 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ITACCESS] Educause Review - Accessibility in IT blog post

After the discussion today regarding training and onboarding in regards to accessibility, I wanted to share the blog post I mentioned:

Empathy and Collaboration: Accessibility in IT<https://er.educause.edu/blogs/2018/7/empathy-and-collaboration-accessibility-in-it>

The intent of the Accessible Mindset workshop from the blog is to help increase awareness of accessibility needs by allowing participants to experience some common technical challenges, and the workshop would typically be followed by targeted technical training or workshops (either online or face-to-face).  I've delivered the workshop to faculty, staff, and a few classes of students, and will be providing it to addition IT support staff at University of the Pacific.  Feel free to contact me directly for additional information.

Tara Bunag, PhD. | Senior Instructional Designer
University of the Pacific
Center for Teaching and Learning | 3601 Pacific Avenue | Stockton, CA 95211
P: 209.932.3019 | E: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
For 24/7 help with Canvas, use the Help link in Canvas or call 1-844-698-7483.
Follow us on Twitter<https://twitter.com/Pacific_CTL>