Good morning!

Recently we have been looking into obtaining a new inventory tracking tool. We currently use an older version of WASP - which isn't really conducive to our needs.

I was recently made aware of a free web-based inventory tool called Asset Tiger, which it appears is a partner of MyAssetTag.com. That is where our university purchases our tags. I read as much as I could about Asset Tiger, and made a test account. This thing seems too good to be true. It's fully web-based, with mobile apps, reporting capabilities, etc.

It does exactly what we need, and tracks the kinds of things we are looking to track. Of course, because this is free (and works so well), I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop, so to speak. I have read the reviews, Googled, and reviewed their privacy policies. So far, it doesn't seem that there is a catch, but I can't help but be skeptical.

My question is: Has anyone had experience with this tool? I appreciate any comments or feedback you may have regarding Asset Tiger.

Alternatively, if there are other low-cost or free solutions that we can look at, I would welcome recommendations for those as well.

Many thanks!
Violette

--

VIOLETTE HUTCHINS
DIRECTOR, IT CLIENT SERVICES

72 FIFTH AVENUE, NEW YORK, NY 10011
T 212.229.5300 x.4509

SUBMIT AN IT SUPPORT REQUESTitcentral.newschool.edu.

 The New School

Visit the ITSM wiki.