From: The EDUCAUSE IT Service Management (ITSM) Constituent Group Listserv <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Deborah McDaniel
Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2018 10:46 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [SPF:Probably_Forged] [ITSM] Case Management vs. Service Management

Good Morning All,

I need some additional support in "persuading" a group of project sponsors that a case management system (such as Salesforce Service Cloud that would mostly be used by HR) is not the same as a service management system (such as ServiceNow or Cherwell that would most likely be used by IT).

What would you present as the arguments? How would you further demonstrate that a service management system is encompassing and can also handle special use cases for case management for units such as HR?

Thanks in advance, Deb

Deborah L. McDaniel

Associate Director, IT Service Management

96 Davidson Rd, Room 194

Piscataway, NJ 08854

848.445.1753 / [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

[cid:[log in to unmask]]

Visit the ITSM wiki<https://sites.google.com/a/educause.edu/educause-wiki-site/itsm>.

Visit the ITSM wiki at https://sites.google.com/a/educause.edu/educause-wiki-site/itsm.